screen resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen198830

i had problem with my computer so i reinstalled windows xp nad now the the size is big and screen resolution doesnoy chnage stya at 640 by 480.please help

We need to know what graphics card you have. In fact, your full system specs would help.

If you don`t know your system specs, click on the first link in my signature. This will tell you how to find your specs.

Regards Howard :)

Is your computer an oem build such as Dell/Gateway/HP etc?

If it is, you can get the drivers from your computer manufacturers website.

Now we`re getting somewhere.

What version of Windows are you running? Please let me know if it`s XP home or XP pro etc.

Under the drivers heading, it`s the first one in the list.

Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics [WIN2K_XP.EXE] (5410KB)
6.14.10.3762_cert 3/16/2004 Download
Intel® Extreme Graphics driver for integrated video on Intel® Desktop Boards using the Intel® 845G chipset.

OS:Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Professional

I`m not really sure what it is you`re saying.

Can you explain in detail exactly what happened?

I have deleted your other thread on this subject. Please continue to post in this thread. Thanks.

ok i installed the software u gave me the drivers ok it installed and i went to screen resuloution and it worked and i put it to 1200 something and i clicked ok and it went blank screen and said data something kbhs 70k something.and then i restrated computer and clicked f8 and put back the settings by clicking old working settingd.and then i reinstalled gaain now it says internal software eroor and its closing without installing drivers.if u want i can take print screen iof that..can u help me.is this detail enough.

Ah I see now.

What happened was you set you screen resolution too high.

Try setting a resolution of 1024x768 See if that works.

You shouldn`t need to reinstall the drivers again.

Please let me know how you get on.

Yes, reinstall the drivers. When done, set your screen resolution to 1024x768. Don`t set it any higher than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back