1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Shifted

By HorrorChick ยท 5 replies
Apr 11, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. I've seen lots of posts about this on many of websites but I can't fix my problem.

My screen has slightly shifted so the left side of the screen is cut off a bit, it doesn't cut off too much just enough to bother you >-<, it's really frustrating and I'd like to fix it. It just happened out of the blue, I turned my computer off to go somewhere and when I turned it on when I got back the screen had shifted, there's no buttons on my monitor besides the on/off button so it's not like I bumped something to mess it up.

{I've got Windows 10 update, AOC Monitor {195lm00003} My actual computer is DELL Optiplex 760}

I'd really like a fix to this, I don't really want to have to buy a new monitor, I plan to buy a new computer but I'm 16 {So can't work} and my family isn't well off as far as money right now so I can't just borrow it from one of my parents.

If anyone knows a fix to this it would be nice. {Like I said it doesn't stop me from doing anything it just bothers me a lot and with as old of a computer I have it gives me enough problems as is}

Thank you to anyone that tries to help

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 2,464   +458

3. HorrorChick

HorrorChick TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. Cycloid Torus

Hey, I go back to the days of Hollerith cards - connecting to MIT with 110 baud teletype - many changes, yet much the same...a few folks call me Gramps.

The 2009 post highlights the following ideas:
    - obtain and consult manual (we distinguish ourselves by using tools, like Google)
    - use menu to reset (using the manual to avoid some potential digital disasters)

If (and only if) that doesn't work, the next steps might be:
    - move cables to be sure not near speaker (EMF) not likely as speakers are much weaker EMF these days
    - replace cable connecting system to monitor with known good
    - use DDU to clear out video drivers (see Downloads at this site) and download and install fresh
    - check Device Manager for missing inf error

Let us know how it works out.

ps Check your local labor rules, but I bet you could work if you really wanted ( https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/youthlabor/agerequirements )

5. HorrorChick

HorrorChick TS Rookie Topic Starter

No need to be a jerk -_- . And I literally can't work I'm homeschooled and my dad messed up the paperwork so I can't work until I'm 18

6. Cycloid Torus

Too bad, I enjoyed babysitting, being a camp counselor and helping out in my uncle's tiny factory (piece-work - 11 cents per coaster). Hope it works out for you.

learninmypc likes this.