Screen switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transform

I regularly connect my laptop to a projector screen to watch movies on the home cinema system. My problem is that I have to switch screens, then go in and change the resolution to suit the projector screen.

I was wondering if there is an application out there that allows me to set up a profile specificially for something such as a projector?

You're connecting the projector to the VGA plug on the system, so BOTH resolutions MUST be the same.

I don't understand what you mean. I switch the screen from the laptop and the laptop screen turns off and the projector screen turns on. I have to then change the resolution to suit the projector. Does this make sense?

I don't understand what you mean. I switch the screen from the laptop and the laptop screen turns off and the projector screen turns on. I have to then change the resolution to suit the projector. Does this make sense?
Absolutely. Some systems allow both to be used at the same time -- perhaps you've not seen that or your system doesn't allow it.
Regardless, the output must match the projector; to avoid 'changing the resolution', the only solution is to run the monitor at the same resolution as the projector.

This is frequently overlooked when purchasing a cheap projector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back