Screen turns grey on Toshiba laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area or if I did not search the forums enough for a similar problem.

I believe I have a virus that turns my screen grey. It turns my entire screen grey with vertical grey(lighter grey) lines at the top. The computer is still running however, because when I have an mp3 playing, after the screen goes grey I can still listen to the music and I can adjust the volume, pause the song, or stop it with my laptops manual controls. I also believe it is a virus instead of a hardware problem because the laptop seems fine, it's not overheating or anything else out of the normal. The computer will last me about 2 hours and then go grey. If I turn it on right away after it went grey, it will also turn grey, sometimes it will let me log on, and then turn grey, and other times it will just be grey right away. However, if i leave the laptop alone for a while, when I turn it back on it will give me a couple of hours before it turns grey. However, as soon as I run my anti-virus or ad-aware, the screen goes grey after about a minute after running the software. That is also another reason I believe it is a virus, because it won't let me run my anti-virus without the screen turning grey. Also, it won't let me use the system restore, I run the system restore, and after my laptop reboots it tells me that it could not restore.

Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread and I`ll advise.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your HJT log is clean.

Therefore, I don`t think your problem is caused by a virus/spyware.

I think your problem is due to either overheating or a faulty video card.

With that in mind, I have moved your thread to our Audio and Video forum.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back