Screen wont receive signal from pc (broken Graphicscs card??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i built my pc in dec 06, it's setup was; nForce 680i, evga 8800GTX , E6600, 4 gig of ddr2 800 geil ram and 320gb wd hd. oh and a galaxy 1000w psu.
i took my pc apart the other day in order to fit the I/O cover that i lost when i first built it.
everything went okay - no problems fitting anything back together.
first startup was normal but the pc only lasted 5mins in windows before rebooting itself.
i had a look inside and checked everything was in properly...it was from what i could tell.
so i started it up again and the screen wouldn't come on (no bios...nothing) and i swore i smelt burning from inside the pc :(. not good.
switched everything off and found it was the hard drive (it was smoking from the power-in socket).
i used my old hard drive to see what would happen as it was of no use to me. everything started up fine, all fans working, but the screen wasn't receiving signal.
i am now stuck with no pc, regretting installing the I/O cover to the back of the mobo.

any help would be greatly appreciated

just checked it then. psu seems to be working fine.
the 680i mobo by evga reads 7F on its onboard display.
manual says this error means; "post error check - check post error and display them and ask for user intervention".
thanks 4 the reply

ps. i just bought a cheap g-card off ebay. bcos i feel thats the issue.
any other ideas. will let you no if the new g-card works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back