Screensaver not coming on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzle51

My screensaver is not coming on . I have gone to properties and tried several times but still wont come on . I have windows xp . Any suggestions. thanks

Razzle51 said:
My screensaver is not coming on . I have gone to properties and tried several times but still wont come on . I have windows xp . Any suggestions. thanks

Hello Razzle51 and welcome to Techspot!

You can try this by right-click on your desktop and select properties... Select the Screen Saver, find your favourite screensaver, before you apply this, change the wait time to shorter time like 5 min, then go to Power...
Select the Power Scheme as Home/Office Desk... Scroll under the setting, Select "Turn off Monitor" longer than 10 min, and put all remaining box as Never. Click ok twice and you should good to go.

Sorry that did not work .
4c61fb65.gif

ScreenSaver "issues" SP2 Related???

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger... I am running XP Pro, and put off installing SP2 as long as I could. So recently, I gave in, and loaded it. Are you using SP2? Did you install it 'recently'?

The screensaver worked initially, but NOW I seem to have the problem you describe, as well as another issue, that of the Volume Icon NOT appearing in the Notification Area (task bar). In browsing for help, I find that there isn't much RECENT help. Most of what I found was from 2002/2003.

I found one place that seemed to offer help, however, it worked initially, then stopped. If you try this and it works consistently PLEASE let me know what you did. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss

I'm about ready to remove SP2 - maybe I can get back to the standard annoyances WINDOWS offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back