Scrolling problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure somebody will know straight away how to fix this. Have installed a new harddrive on a Dell computer. However, since then I cannot scroll smoothly on any screens, the scrolling is jumpy and jerky and really irritating. have looked through the mouse settings and cannot see anything out of the normal. Any ideas?

Lisa.

Did it start happening right after you installed the new hdd?

Is it only horizontal scrolling in IE / Windows Explorer?

In IE's "Tools - Internet Options - Advanced", there's "Use smooth scrolling" setting. Have you checked if that affects it?

If your mouse is a USB mouse, have you tried plugging it to a different USB port?

Still no luck

Thanks. have tried that. Smooth scrolling was ticked. Yes, it only happened after installing new hard drive - blasted Dell computer was one day over 1 yr old. Have tried plugging mouse into different port and replacement mouse. Problem is on all screens

Hey Lisa, I think i know what you are going through. It happened to me when I first built my PC. You most likely have to install the latest drivers for your video card. Thats what fixed it for me. Look on the dell support site for the correct video drivers for your machine and install them. That will hopefully take care of your problem. Let us know if it works. Good Luck.
-Lalaji

thx

Hey, I have the same problem. I was searching google for answers and I found this thread. I'm going to try it now. I think that I should have had enough clues by now to get the driver update after my restorating of my computer. I will keep you updated on the status.

Problem fixed!

I think my problem was the same - when I would use the scroll wheel it would continue to scroll in a jerky motion after I stopped moving the wheel. This will drive you crazy. I went to Nvidia site and found old drivers for my PC. Downloaded the one I needed and after restart problem fixed!
I hope you have some luck with this!
I have another PC at home that is NOW doing the same thing. This must be from some Microsoft upgrade because nothing else changed - it just started happening. I believe it was only in Internet Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back