SCSI/RAID Host Controller Driver Problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

werty316

I just noticed in device manager that my driver for the SCSI/RAID Host Controller wasn't present. Not sure what it means since I am not using and RAID or SCSI hardware. I tried installing VIA drivers for my mother board which is an ABIT KD7; chekc out my signature for the rest of my specs. That didn't fixc the driver problem. I triedin installing ADAPTEC drivers from their website and no luck that exclamation mark saying there are no drivers present is driving me insane. It was there before and I am not sure why it is still there. All I did was move my net work and sound card to the lowest PCI slot in my tower so my video card gets more air from my fron intake fan at the front of my case. I hope someone knows how I can solve this problem.

THANKS

Taken from ABIT KD7

RAID 0/1/0+1 (KD7-RAID)
Supports the most advanced ATA133 HDDs with RAID 0/1/0+1 onboard HPT372 RAID controller enables enhanced functionality and HDDs performance without the cost of additional add-on cards.

If you do not use it, it is not necessary to install drivers for it ( you might even be able to deactivate it from the BIOS ).

If you do not feel comfortable with the exclamation point in the Device Manager, install these -> Highpoint HPT372 Drivers v2.34 for 98/ME/NT/2K/XP

I meant to say is that my mobo doesn't have any onboard RAID. So I am not sure why this comes up.

Just 2 and 1 floppy. I am sure I don't have raid as there is no otion in the bios and the board only has 2 ide ports. It is just this controller is a mystery to me. I guess it really doesn't matter.

Have you by any chance used a CD-ROM emulator? These install a virtual SCSI controller and a virtual CDROM drive attached to it.

Originally posted by werty316
yup i am using DAEMON tools. I'll disable it to see if that causes the driver problem .

Nope that didn't fix it. I think I will just leave at that cause nothing seems to make it go away and I don't have RAID/SCSI so it doesn't affect anytihng. Thanks for everyone's help

Disabling Daemon Tools will not remove the driver. You'd have to uninstall it and then delete the virtual devices manually from Device Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back