SCSI/RAID Host Controller Driver Problem???

By werty316
Jan 31, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just noticed in device manager that my driver for the SCSI/RAID Host Controller wasn't present. Not sure what it means since I am not using and RAID or SCSI hardware. I tried installing VIA drivers for my mother board which is an ABIT KD7; chekc out my signature for the rest of my specs. That didn't fixc the driver problem. I triedin installing ADAPTEC drivers from their website and no luck that exclamation mark saying there are no drivers present is driving me insane. It was there before and I am not sure why it is still there. All I did was move my net work and sound card to the lowest PCI slot in my tower so my video card gets more air from my fron intake fan at the front of my case. I hope someone knows how I can solve this problem.

THANKS
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Taken from ABIT KD7

If you do not use it, it is not necessary to install drivers for it ( you might even be able to deactivate it from the BIOS ).

If you do not feel comfortable with the exclamation point in the Device Manager, install these -> Highpoint HPT372 Drivers v2.34 for 98/ME/NT/2K/XP
  3. werty316

werty316 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 246

But the thing is my mobo does have my onboard RAID so I am not sure why it has it any way.
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Come again ? :confused:
  5. werty316

I meant to say is that my mobo doesn't have any onboard RAID. So I am not sure why this comes up.
  6. NoisySilence

NoisySilence Newcomer, in training Posts: 184

How many IDE ports do you see on the board ? Two black & two yellows or just two black ones ?
  7. werty316

Just 2 and 1 floppy. I am sure I don't have raid as there is no otion in the bios and the board only has 2 ide ports. It is just this controller is a mystery to me. I guess it really doesn't matter.
  8. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Have you by any chance used a CD-ROM emulator? These install a virtual SCSI controller and a virtual CDROM drive attached to it.
  9. werty316

yup i am using DAEMON tools. I'll disable it to see if that causes the driver problem .
  10. werty316

Nope that didn't fix it. I think I will just leave at that cause nothing seems to make it go away and I don't have RAID/SCSI so it doesn't affect anytihng. Thanks for everyone's help
  11. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Disabling Daemon Tools will not remove the driver. You'd have to uninstall it and then delete the virtual devices manually from Device Manager.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.