Scvhost.exe - have I a problem or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past couple of weeks my PC has become sluggish and freezes constantly. When this happens its after I get an error message via pop up (Geneic Host Process for Win32 Services - reporting an error message ) which includes svchost.exe.mdmp. Than another pop up stating that scvhost.exe has created eroors and will close down. After these appear I am unable to access anything and usually have to reset to close down my PC as I cannot shut down as normal. I run a virus scanner (CA Security ) and also spyware doctor and neither have shown any problems. Tech suppoer at CA suggested I do a scan in safe mode which I did but this didnt help either. I have gone to several PC help sites and the solutions re this problem had been rather daunting as I am a novice with anything PC related and this has scared me immensely. I will attempt to attach screen dumps of error messages. You are my last resort so I have my fingers crossed....thank you in advance

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 5
Your HJT log is clean, therefore, I don`t think your problem is caused by malware.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the run box and press the enter key. Windows will now scan your system for any missing or damaged OS files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows cd handy.

If that doesn`t help, try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

If that still doesn`t solve your problem, open a new thread in our Windows OS forum.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you

I am relived its nothing sinister and I will do what you have suggested. I thank you all for you assistance. Great response and excellant instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back