SD/MMC Cards - "card full message"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to use either my Palm PDA or my mobile phone as an mp3 player. I'm trying to load all the birdcalls of Britain & Europe (don't ask) - a total of 1008 tiny tracks adding up to 93 MB. I've tried various cards but when try to I load them via a card reader I get a message saying "disc full" after about 10% - 30%, depending on the card size. I've tried everything up to 512MB so far. What's going wrong here? I'm using Mac OS10.3.9, Kingston and Integral cards. I haven't done a post like this before so I have no idea what help to expect, but any thoughts welcome.

card full can occur two ways;
1) all the space is taken or
2) the maximum number of files have been loaded.​
It's hard to believe that #2 occurs with only 1008 files --

1. load the MMC into a card-reader,
  2. attach the card-reader to XP,
  3. find the drive letter by opening My Computer, and
  4. then run->cmd /k chkdsk the-dl-letter:

you will get some messanges and near the bottom, you will see
some rows and one will declare the max files allowed

Also, take a look at all those files. You can have a defective file that will give bad information to your system. Loading therm one at a time will tell you a lot.

Thanks for the suggestions. In fact I've already tried loading the files one by one, with the same result. It just takes longer to find out. But please keep suggesting.

Can you give me a Mac version of the "run->cmd /k chkdsk the-dl-letter" stuff?

BigYin said:
Can you give me a Mac version of the "run->cmd /k chkdsk the-dl-letter" stuff?
oops -- sorry -- To my knowlege there is none.

Thanks to all for help. Problem solved with er... a VERY big MMC card! How come these things hold so little info?

First two lots of local shop advice rubbish, thereafter excellent. I was simply sold the wrong thing twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back