Seagate 250g Sata Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This teckie wanna be is now having trouble trying to get xp loaded on a new build. I put in the harddrive and now get the NTLDR is not on here error.
d945gpm Intel board.. Anyone have a clue? thanks..

Did you load the drivers for the SATA drive ?

Is the BIOS set to the SATA drive as first boot device ?

Do a google on missing NTLDR and read the results.

Regards

Hello. It is an oem hard drive. I used a new retail seagate cd, but all i got was the how to install. Have no idea where or how the drivers would load if they were on there, but that's when the errors started. No operating system installed...

I have the first boot 'floppy' second boot cdrom.. I see the hard drive listed but it's in grey. I used the 6 window setup diskettes and when I got to the last disk it says ''windows cannot detect a harddrive on your computer''
The jumpers on the back of this harddrive are for the setting on size. I had the jumper on the right 2 pins.. Then removed them completely for the largest size number.. Still windows can't see the hard drive . . thanks.

you will need to format the hard drive and install windows as normal. When windows asks for press F6 or something to install sata drivers, do it with a real floppy drive.
then continue to install as usual.

That depends on the motherboard. Some will need drivers to see the hard drive, others won't. Which motherboard are you using ?

Hello. I appreciate you trying to help me out. I really have no idea on how to reformat the hard drive. I remember when i first put the hd in, it went thru the formatted procedure..

d945GPM Intel Board (Board Unused)

Seagate 250 gb Sata (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back