TechSpot

Seagate debuts trio of new storage products at CES 2015

By Shawn Knight
Jan 5, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Seagate has descended on the Consumer Electronics Show with a trio of new storage solutions covering multiple market segments.

Read more

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

This new offerings sound cool but... How is Seagate doing so far? Last I remember their disks weren't very reliable.

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,606   +287

They bought out Samsung's HDD division a few years back so might be better now. I loved my Samsung Spinpoint drives, and hope newer Seagates use the tech from them.

4. I have had so many problems with Seagate drives that I refuse to buy anything from them.

5. I ditched Seagate in favor of Western Digital last year not because of Seagate's questionable reliability, but because of the lack of hardware encryption support. Of course, I can always use third-party software encryption (e.g. BitLocker, VeraCrypt) in place of it, but after getting my first taste of hardware encryption utilized by Western Digital, I never want to go back to software encryption which is abysmally slow in comparison.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

USB 3.0 has been out long enough now, there is no excuse not to make all products USB 3.0. I will not buy a device that can use USB 3.0, if it comes with USB 2.0.

I'm tired of manufacturers slowing the adoption rates by continuing to produce old outdated ****.

Edit: Ohh and Seagate is my choice for storage.