Seagate SSHD or Trash Bin?

My sshd is not working as expected. Its cold boot time is more then 120 seconds and it should be only 12 seconds. I am working on this issue for days and no solution. Problem occurs even with a complete recovery. After the recovery it reduces to 12 seconds normally and after a few cold boot it again become 120 seconds. I made every possible solution and I suspect my sshd is not working. What should I do for resolving the issue. What I made is

Initial Recover= It reduces to 12 seconds after recover process, and then increases up to 120 seconds.

Uninstalling Intel Rapid Storage= Again it reduces to 12 seconds cold boot time but then increases again to 120 seconds.

Turn Of Fast Startup=>Restart=>Turn On Fast Startup=> Make a few cold boot = It again become 12 seconds and then increases up to 120 second after a few restarts.

Disabling Superfetch= No effect

Disabling All The Startup Programmes and Unnecessary Services= No effect

Safe Startup= No Effect

Some Bios Tricks= No effect

Updating or Disabling Several Drivers like Bluetooth, Wireless, Card Reader Etc= No Effect

Shutting Down The Laptop and Without battery holding the power button= No effect

Booting Without Mouse or any usb devices= No effect

Changing/Increasing/Decreasing Pagefile.Sys size=No effect

Increasing/Decreasing Hiberfill.sys size=It increase the time of cold boot process

Uninstalling all third party programs= No effect

Seagate Claims this hybrid disc make boot process super fast (as low as 12 seconds) but this sshd is a trash.

I guess seagate caching algorithm is not working properly and I will get mad about this nonsence sshd. If you have a good idea what is wrong please help me.

My Operating System is Windows 8.1 and This is a Laptop SSHD of Seagate.

SSD or go home. Hybrid drives are at the mercy of the algorithms. Which technically, they'd use the small 12GB (or so) partition to run some other commonly-opened applications rather than the boot-once-a-day Windows.

Yeah, it is actually.

Is AHCI turned on at BIOS with Windows installed this way?
Yes bios setting is in AHCI mod and boot setting is UEFI also. Actually I still have no solution about this.

SSD or go home. Hybrid drives are at the mercy of the algorithms. Which technically, they'd use the small 12GB (or so) partition to run some other commonly-opened applications rather than the boot-once-a-day Windows.
I don't think their algorithms are for commonly opened applications or boot files, their only algorithm is "sell-sneak off". They still did not reply my support ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back