TechSpot

Search Engine Redirect Problem Big Pain in the *****

By sekhon1991
Feb 2, 2010
  1. Hey everyone,

I have been having the Google and Yahoo! search engine redirect problem for some time now. I have gone through all the 8 steps given on the guide but still I am having problems with the redirect problem. I have ran every program listed in the guide at least three times to ensure proper removal. I had gotten the problem to cease a few times by :

Clean scan using SUPERAntiSpyware
    Disabling Java in Mozilla Firefox
    SmitFraudFix

But I am still having a problem right now. I posted my HIjackThis report with this post. Please help me if my problem can be solved. I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jay

Attached Files:

2. sekhon1991

sekhon1991 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Bumping for help.

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Unfortunately, you didn't read the Preliminary Removal Instructions HERE.

Be sure to check the lines for removal in Mbam and SAS. You will; rerun HJT are those 2 programs, and I will guide you in any removals from there.

When you are finished, attach all 3 logs for review..

You will need to clarify the string of Name Servers for me:
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B7507FB0-5DAE-4C70-92B2-17A9BB6FD125}: NameServer = 83.149.115.157,4.2.2.1,68.87.76.182 68.87.78.134 0.0.0.0

83.149.115.157>> NL-LEASEWEB-20040309>> LeaseWeb B.V.> Neatherlands

4.2.2.1>> Level 3 Communications, Inc.>> LVLT>.Colorado

68.87.76.182 - Comcast

134 0.0.0>> No match found for 134 0.0.0.

P2P or 'file sharing Warning:
    I notice you are running uTorrent.
    Note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. I suggest that you uninstall uTorrent for the following reasons:
    • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
    • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
    • Fie sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
    • The 'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
    • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.

Please read the information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

4. sekhon1991

I had found these to be suspicious IP addresses so I had one of my friends (who is an expert) look it over. He instructed me to fix the O17 entry using HijackThis. So far, I haven't had this problem again. I think it has gone away for good. Thanks for your help anyways.

Attached Files:

5. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

I could have had you do that! You shut down Comcast too?

If you consider your problem resolved, this thread is closed.

6. sekhon1991

Comcast is my internet provider.

Yea I think my problem is fixed for now. You may close the thread if you like. Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.