TechSpot

Search engine redirect problem

By psha85
Oct 5, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I am having the same problem with this virus/malware in the search engine. I followed the 8 steps listed on this board and I am still having the problem. All the antivirus programs removed several things but i guess none of them were this search engine virus.

I am attaching my HijackThis log to this post. I could not see anything suspicious on it but maybe I'm missing something. Do let me know what I should do next to get rid of this irritating thing! Thanks =)

*Pooja*
  2. momok

momok Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,272

Post moved to its own thread.

pooja: u mentioned that you ran through the 8 steps, so you should have more logs than just the HijackThis. do provide the rest of the logs.
  3. psha85

psha85 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have attached all the other log files (except CCleaner - I was not able to find any log file for that).

Thanks for your help!

*Pooja*
  4. psha85

psha85 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Just a follow-up on this issue: I have ran about 3 or 4 antivirus tools and although they have all found a few minor things, or blocked trojans at other times, I am still having this redirect problem. I ran many today a second or third time and they all said the system is clean. I even ran HijackThis and from what I could tell, the log looked clean also. There were no unknown programs or processes listed.

Does anyone have any solution that has worked for them? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.