Search links are being redirected. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I search in google with internet explorer 7, I get the right results but when I click on the links I get redirected to another page (like couponmountain.com). Every time I am redirected to a different site. This happens in google, yahoo, msn, ask.com and all the other searches. I have tried Ccleaner, AGV Anti-Spyware 7.5, Spybot SD, Ad Aware and Windows Defender. Please help!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds like your system has been hijacked.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of richn1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks, I reformatted.

I got rid of Windows onecare. I am now using ZoneAlarm Pro, BitDefender 10 and Spy Sweeper. Will this keep my pc safe?

Thanks for letting me know.

Yes, you should be ok with those programmes.

You might want to take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of richn1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back