Searches Redirect/Hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzen

I went through the 8 steps. This started with getting all sorts of popups with 2010 internet virus. I think I got that taken care of but all my searches get redirected. I tried to update Adobe and Java but was not able to.

Of all my years of having computers this seems the worst.

Thanks for helping

Here are my logs.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-24 (19-05-20).txt
    886 bytes · Views: 3
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-24-2010 - 20-43-09.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
  • hijackthis.log
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Delete these entries:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [mnumsg.exe] C:\Program Files\MyShoppingGenie\mnumsg.exe

and run the Eset On-line Scanner:
Scanner

Ran Eset

Thanks for helping.

I deleted the 3 items and ran Eset which found one problem. I still have the problem of redirecting.

Attachments

• eset.txt
    163 bytes · Views: 3
Ran Combofix

Ran combofix, it did its job and found more stuff and deleted it. I was given a few erros about some currupt file(s) and told to run the Chkdsk Utility. I don't know if that would be in the log or not. Google seems to be working correctly. Is their more to do? What should I do about the chjdsk and how?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    24.9 KB · Views: 2
Go into My Computer, right-click on the C drive and select "check for errors". Set a check on boot up

One Issue Still

I did the Chkdsk. Google and Yahoo seem to be working now, but now when I open certain pages in IE the page gets hung up on wanting to download flash player installer and recovers the page/tab. It wants me to ok it, but IE freezes up. I went to Adobes site to try to download flash but it gets hung up there too. Firefox does not have this problem though. Is this something you can help me with?

Do you need to see any logs to make sure my searches are cleared up?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back