Second Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My primary hard drive started to fail. I backed up everything to a second hard drive. Install new drive. Reinstalled everything. Working great. My question is this: The back up that I created on the second drive is no longer in the folder I created. It has expanded in explorer and I really didn't want to drive to have everything installed onto it. I really just wanted to use the drive for video, music & photo storgae. How do I get rid of it? and how do I make sure that it is really the back up I am looking at?

well for one when you do a backup it asks you to lable the backup and then where you would like to store the backup!!! do you remember that stuff and if so then what did you lable it and where did you put it? that is the main question

The Back up was labeled and was directed to be stored on the second drive. It was in a folder marked clearly Back up. After the reinstallation of windows XP home edition the back up folder was found expanded.

what do you mean expanded?
it is no longer a database file ?
and if you have a dir structure for the files there just delete what you don't want .
and if it is expanded you should be able to tell what is there that needs deleted??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back