Second round of bsods, route44, man

Status
Not open for further replies.

apocalypseon

You've helped me out before... please

again my specs are: p4 prescott 3ghz, p4p800vm mobo, 512mb ddr, 9600 pro and d-link 520tx lan card.

oh heck yea, and a coolermaster extreme power plus 390w psu.

say... whats the deal with the dump being a .tmp? and theres no Minidump folder inside the windows directory.....

Tried to read what you attached but the WinDebugger cannot open the tmp. extension. For clarity, are you saying there is no Minidump File found within the Windows Folder found in Drive C?

stripped man. lots of services disabled. components removed. could u google 'microxp'?

I googled it and it wouldn't let me out of its website. I had to log off and then log back on.

Is this even a legitimate copy of Windows XP? I think not especially since a) I have never heard of an XP Lite version (someone please enlighten me) and b) It can be had on Pirate Bay as well and other torrent sites.

If this is illegal there in lies your issues.

dude u sure an original xp wont bsod on me? ur right on that btw... it is an illegal pirated copy of windows.well the only explanation is i live in a 3rd world country- india.

really sorry if im being a pain man. but my computer experience is wholly ridden with pain:p

really sorry if im being a pain man. but my computer experience is wholly ridden with pain:p

apocalypseon, we have seen headache after headache with pirated software. I now understand why you are having trouble installing onto your harddrives. TechSpot will not in any way condone the use of pirated software and the moderators will probably close this thread.

"XP" Lite is adding to your pain (and also explains since it is stripped down why things like the minidump folder is no where to be found). The right thing to do is get a legal copy of XP. Give us your system specs. If $ is your issue you can save with legitimate and free security software plus there is Open Office.

Why not just go with a Linux distro and add on a Windows theme to make it look the same?
Its free and will give you the same functionality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back