secondary conductor 80 not installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new DVD+-RW Burner, now that i have replaced my new one, now it won't read or recognize DVDs that were previously burned by the old Burner.

So after a while, i called a friend and i asked what he did, he told me that he replaced the old Ribbon by a new one, so i did the same.

And thats when the this Error Poped out, "secondary conductor 80 not installed?" Or related to that.

Ive openned my computer 3 times and checked if the cables were connected correctly and they were...well thats what i think.

I also tried setting Burner as Master and Drive as Slave, and my BIOS does recognizes it, then why do i get this error?

Another thing is that it gets into the Windows XP Loading Screen THEN it restarts.

But then it does let me log into Safe Mode and check, which i did that to see if atleast its recognized by Windows and it is.

Now you may say if i checked how my drives were connected?
Yes i did. And thats how i bought a new one.

This is how my Ribbon connects to the Mobo :
It has 2 Connections to the 2 Drives and one to the Mobo.

And thats how the Old ribbon was connected as well.

I also checked the cables to see if they were the same and i googled for the 80 pin cable and its THE SAME COLOR and Pins.

So i don't know what im doing wrong.

Please help!!!

I suppose it`s possible that your new cable is faulty. Have you tried using the old cable?

Also, you say your new drive won`t play disks burned on your old drive. Does it play disks that have been burned on the new drive ok? If so, then there`s probably a incompatibility somewhere and nothing you can do about it, other than taking the drive back and trying another one.

Regards Howard :)

Hmmm... True, and done.

Now somehow it still show that Error EVEN with the old cable and im getting quite worried about that.

To be exact and accurate the error shows as this

IDE Channel 1 80 conductor cable not connected.

Then it just jumps into System Menu and it runs into Windows XP Loading Screen as normal, THEN Restarts.

Whats weird, is that the error DID'NT show before the cable change.

I might have to take it into a PC Repair Center. :(

First, make sure you`re using 80 wire ide cables. If you`re not, get some, they`re only cheap.

ide8040pin.jpg

Connect your optical drive/s to the secondary ide channel(1) on your mobo. Make sure one drive is set as master and the other is set as slave. The drive that is the master should be connected to the very end of the ide cable, while the slave drive should be connected to the connector that is part way down the cable. The ide cable has a red line running down one side. This has to be connected with the red line next to where you connect the power cable to the optical drives.

Your hard drives should be connected the same(master/slave if you have two hard drives), but on ide channel 0.

Personally, I`ve never used cable select. I believe you`re much better off using master and slave jumper settings. I`ve heard of too many problems when using cable select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back