Secret "Google X" lab reimagines our future

By Rick
Nov 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Many large enterprises are known to tinker with blue-sky projects from time to time. Google is certainly no exception but the blue sky itself may be no limit for the…

Read the whole story
  2. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

Mind Control Rays
  3. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,248   +132

Virtual reality cooking mama.
  4. chaboi390

chaboi390 Newcomer, in training Posts: 83

Yes i would love that!
  5. and the best of all is that it will be FREEEEE!!!
  6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Mostly involves profiling their database of info on us for the CIA
  7. space elevator. sounds like google should take images of space and turn google earth into google milky way. imagine, you could oventually simulate flying through space or create video walls like in the cosmo canyon scene on FF7. i cant wait for the future and google is gonna be a big part of it.
  8. yep one more step torward skynet and terminator
  9. Emin3nce

Emin3nce Newcomer, in training Posts: 129

+5 internets for you sir.
  10. kamz999

kamz999 Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

11. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

You mean one more step to Wall-E

A bunch of overweight people in chairs looking at advertisements all day.

12. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

so this is where they hatch their plans for world domination ? :)
  13. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,049   +699

haha, Skynet is right next to time travel as possible futuristic scenarios. 'Artificial Intelligence' is something we like to think of as robotic servants, but it'll be used for things like sorting packages at a walmart distribution center.

How bout something useful Google.... maybe an RFID (radio frequency ID) tag system for groceries (or whatever) so I can put my stuff straight into bags in my cart and walk over a scanner and instantly have the total price. Make checkout lanes obsolete, and cut down on theft too. Nooooo.... space elevators and AI and Google TV is cooler right?

All those resources with real power to change our world and instead of some brilliant system to cut down on city traffic they think we need another facebook.
  14. Let's see...teleport, replicator, holodeck whichever is fine by me!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.