Security Center Firewall is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was facing a probelm with windows firewall. I can't enable that from my control panel.
It throwing an error like

Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed becuase the associated service is not running.
Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection sharing (ICS) service ?

YES NO

If Click on yes

It throws an an error

Windows cannot start the windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) service.

I am very much concerned about the security factor nowadys, becuase I got a trojan attack lastweek and I learned a lot and also keeping alert on small things.
So please help me

Harry

Go into Windows services and enable the FW/ICS service.
Right-click My Computer > Manage > Services

Could be something disabled it.

Check if you have any residual effects from your trojan cleanup. Follow the link below.
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Do you have another firewall service like kerio, zonealarm or norton etc.?
If you do, then having window's one disabled is normal, as these take over its functions of the firewall.
If you don't then downloading either kerio or zonelarm (both free to use) is a good advice for you, since they work much better than Window's one, and protect you from much more.

JMMD said:
Go into Windows services and enable the FW/ICS service.
Right-click My Computer > Manage > Services

dependency list notes Network Connections (duhh), and Windows Management Instrumentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back