See the waterproof Galaxy S7 Edge in this leaked ad from Samsung Indonesia

midian182

Staff member

It’s always difficult to keep an upcoming device under wraps before it’s officially unveiled to the world, especially with the number of leaks that appear on the web. Samsung knows this; its upcoming Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge won’t be revealed until Sunday at Mobile World Congress, yet numerous images and specs have already appeared online. But it seems that the latest details regarding the S7 range come from an unlikely source – Samsung’s Indonesian arm – which has posted an unlisted commercial on its YouTube channel, marked #TheNextGalaxy, showing off the device.

While this could be a mistake on Samsung Indonesia’s part, it may also be an intentional plan to increase the hype surrounding the smartphone. There is always chance that the company genuinely didn’t want the ad to go public until next week - so it may get taken down soon.

In the ad, which shows Indonesian archer Dellie Threesyadinda training while using the new device, we get to see a few features of the S7 and S7 Edge.

While the video doesn’t say what model is used, it’s obviously the curved screen Edge version. As rumors suggested, the design is almost identical to last year’s S6. Threesyadinda is seen using the smartphone in the rain, apparently confirming that the device will be waterproof.

We also see the smartphone being used with a wireless charging pad. And the back appears flat, so it looks as if Samsung really has got rid of the S6’s unsightly camera bump.

An Indonesian teaser website confirmed the name Galaxy S7, though this has since been removed. But it still provides more hints regarding the smartphone’s features, including extra security, better photos when taken in low-light conditions, and more evidence that the S7 is waterproof.

Samsung will almost certainly be revealing the S7 at its Unpacked event at MWC this Sunday. We don’t know when it might be officially launched, but rumors say Galaxy fans should mark March 11 in their diaries.

Permalink to story.

The waterproof feature should come in handy for those who are constantly in the habit of throwing their devices into the toilet bowl. How they manage that is beyond me. I guess it's easy use the "the baby did it" excuse even if they don't have or even know one.

In description: "DISCLAIMER: This scene is dramatization only. To showcase Dellie's relentless determination and hardwork. This product is not water resistant and it should not be exposed to and/or submerged into water."

Another overpriced Samsung phone with terrible battery life. I got rid of my S4 two weeks ago and bought a LG V10. I am very glad with it, specially because I don't need to charge in the middle of the day.

My S5 is waterproof, why is this such a big deal?
Another overpriced Samsung phone with terrible battery life. I got rid of my S4 two weeks ago and bought a LG V10. I am very glad with it, specially because I don't need to charge in the middle of the day.
You can buy a new S4 battery for $10, which will last longer, or as long as your current V10.
When your V10 battery goes bad, your f**ked.

As far as pricing, if your buying the latest and greatest you will always get ripped off badly.
I bought a NIB S5 for $200 shipped and set it side by side with a phone like yours, other then screen size, not much of a difference. I couldn't notice a difference between 1440p and 1080p like I can on my 30" U3011, and the performance loading pages/games was nearly identical. Except I paid much less and can swap my battery.

You can buy a new S4 battery for $10, which will last longer, or as long as your current V10.

As far as pricing, if your buying the latest and greatest you will always get ripped off badly.
I bought a NIB S5 for $200 shipped and set it side by side with a phone like yours, other then screen size, not much of a difference. I couldn't notice a difference between 1440p and 1080p like I can on my 30" U3011, and the performance loading pages/games was nearly identical. Except I paid much less and can swap my battery.
Since the battery in my V10 is removable, I don't see the problem. The camera in my phone deserves the price. I could say that it's a camera with a phone what I bought. Besides, Samsung charges so hard for a phone without removable battery and SD memory card. Hence it's overpriced. And its camera is not impressive.

Since the battery in my V10 is removable, I don't see the problem. The camera in my phone deserves the price. I could say that it's a camera with a phone what I bought. Besides, Samsung charges so hard for a phone without removable battery and SD memory card. Hence it's overpriced. And its camera is not impressive.
Besides, my problem with the battery in the S4 wasn't the price but the poor performance. It was a real shame. More than one time I ran out of batteries. Not good deal.

Besides, my problem with the battery in the S4 wasn't the price but the poor performance. It was a real shame. More than one time I ran out of batteries. Not good deal.
I had an S4 and that phone was fast as heck.
They are a SnapDragon 600 with 2GB RAM and an Adreno 320, your LG won't be much faster for 90% of what a smartphone is used for.
As far as the Camera, the S4 and S5 won awards for picture quality, and the S5 takes 4K video.
Either way they are just smartphones, as long as your happy who cares what others think.

Last edited:
I had an S4 and that phone was fast as heck.
They are a SnapDragon 600 with 2GB RAM and an Adreno 320, your LG won't be much faster for 90% of what a smartphone is used for.
As far as the Camera, the S4 and S5 won awards for picture quality, and the S5 takes 4K video.
Either way they are just smartphones, as long as your happy who cares what others think.
Did you read the reviews my phone is having? It is all praises for the camera. It has manual control and other stuff that makes this phone unique.

It films in 4K too. But the battery life is much better than that of S4.

Did you read the reviews my phone is having? It is all praises for the camera. It has manual control and other stuff that makes this phone unique.

It films in 4K too. But the battery life is much better than that of S4.

Everything is the latest and greatest for about 10 seconds.
For me personally, having a $500 phone is completely useless when something that costs 1/3 does 95% the new shiny thing does. The S5 is more then I need, but that's just me.
For others, they live on it and desire everything they can get, different flavors for different savors.

There is just so little practical difference for your everyday user that I could never justify spending that much.

My wife has a S5 duos. It was my gift. Good phone but now it's time to move on. She is envious of my phone despite her phone doing 95% of the things like my phone.

Things for you consider: It has 64GB from the start as internal storage. Today I added a SD card with other 64GB. Very good feature. Another thing is that it's a cold phone. On the contrary the Samsung phones get hot very fast. Another good point6is the big size, which is perfect for my big hands, but this depends on every person. Some people dislike phablets.

Why do people buy flagships? Not only because they have money, but also because they don't want to do compromises with this and that at every step. You receive what you pay for.

My wife has a S5 duos. It was my gift. Good phone but now it's time to move on. She is envious of my phone despite her phone doing 95% of the things like my phone.

Things for you consider: It has 64GB from the start as internal storage. Today I added a SD card with other 64GB. Very good feature. Another thing is that it's a cold phone. On the contrary the Samsung phones get hot very fast. Another good point6is the big size, which is perfect for my big hands, but this depends on every person. Some people dislike phablets.

Why do people buy flagships? Not only because they have money, but also because they don't want to do compromises with this and that at every step. You receive what you pay for.
It's hardly different then every other smartphone, people piss money away all the time. 32 and 64GB of storage is $4 for a micro SD card.
And hot and cold phones? Lol OK sure, another important buying decesion....haha ha
Its a nice phone, but nothing special.

It's hardly different then every other smartphone, people piss money away all the time. 32 and 64GB of storage is $4 for a micro SD card.
And hot and cold phones? Lol OK sure, another important buying decesion....haha ha
Its a nice phone, but nothing special.
Nothing but the camera.

Back