seemingly dead Radeon 9600pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,

i bought a Mediamax Radeon 9600pro off a mate of mine last summer, but back then i only had a CRT monitor. I took out the card because i stopped playing games (daft reason i know :knock: ) but anyways, just recently ive tried plugging it back in with a 15" TFT only it dosnt come on at all. I get an "out of timing" error.

like i said, im using an Mediamax Radeon 9600pro 128mb, Intel D865GBF motherboard and a seemingly unbranded 15" TFT monitor connected via a VGA cable. and a 2ghz Pentium 4 if thats interesting to this plot.

so... i try installing the drivers whilst running off the build in video card, only the card needs to be inserted. so i insert the card and nothing shows up.

is this problem common? and please dont say my 9600 is dead! i wanted to have another go on Doom3 and HL2 over the easter holls :)

cheers for at least hearing me out.

simple

Just make sure that you plugged the monitor to the Radeon card connector instead of the motherboard. I know it's unlikely, but I've done that before.

With the old vid card installed, or on another monitor with the 9600 (if it'll show the screen) set the refresh rate to something like 60Hz in video properties. Then try the 9600 again on the lcd. Lcds run at 60 or 75Hz, and faster may or maynot cause problems. Crt's usualy run at faster refresh. This might also be a prob if youi use the dvi outpout over the crt one.

Try that.

Diasbale onboard video in the BIOS

Disable the onboard video in the BIOS before you try to use the Radeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back