Seemingly random BSOD (0x109)

I recently finished a pc build, running windows 7 professional 64bit, which ran well for a few days, I then started to get BSODs which appeared to be completely random.
All of the crashes have had the STOP code: (0x109) and the offending driver according to BlueScreenView is "ntoskrnl.exe".

I've already tried the following things;
Ran memtest (6 passes, no faults)
Ran driver verifier (no crash on start-up but resulted in BSOD (0x109) several minutes later.
Re-installation of windows

PC specs are as follows:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 MB
Intel i5 2500K @3.30GHz
Nvidia GTX560Ti
Novatech 500W PSU
Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) DDR3 C9 1600MHz
Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD (System)
WD 500GB HDD (Storage)

Attached are a collection of mini dump files.

Attachments

• Mini dumps.zip
    138.9 KB · Views: 1
All your errors are the same 0x109 and one of the major causes of this error is memory corruption which all of your minidumps specifically cited as the cause of your system crashes.

1. The rule on Memtest is that it needs to run for a minimum of 7 Passes and the more after 7 the better.

2. Your motherboard may, I say may, need a BIOS update.

3. Another common cause for for memory corruption reads is either a) overclocking of the RAM or b) the motherboard has set the memory voltage that isn't according to the manufacture's specs. If "a" then set the voltage back to the standard settings and to check "b" go into the BIOS and compare the current DIMM voltage settings against the Corsair designed specs.

* For diagnostic purposes you may want to run your system with 4 gigs.

4. Lastly, I suggest testing your power supply to see if it is supplying the power you need by using a digital Multimeter. I am wondering if a 500 watt psu is enough for your hardware but I am only suggesting not stating this is the fact.

*** By the way, nice system.

Thanks for the reply, I'll run memtest again for longer and I will also check the voltages for the RAM in the BIOS.

Edit: Think I've solved it... when I enabled XMP on my RAM the voltage was a little higher than spec so I lowered it and system seems to be stable. Thanks for all of your help :)

Back