Selecting one of several soundcards in Win2k for different programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 soundcards installed. I won't to use one for the common sounds, and one to play music (winamp, wmplayer and so on). How dow I configure the soundcards to do so

Far as I know it can't be done. You can only specify one or the other to use in Sounds & Audio Devices in the Control Panel.
Windows Mediaplayer (XP version at least) does have an option in Tools -> Options -> Devices -> Speakers - Audio device to use.
Not sure how well that works though. Couldn't you just use the better soundcard for everything though?

Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I have downloaded the latest version of Windows Mediaplayer (version 9 bèta release). This version has the option to select a different soundcard. Much better. Can you imagine that you are in the middle of a movie and suddenly there is an incoming message from ICQ screaming "oh oh".

Other players don't give this option yet. Also it is not possible to directly enter the volume controls through your taskbar or from the buttons on your keyboard. There is much to improve for Microsoft and other softwarebuilders.

Thanks anyway

Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back