Sempron 2400 as Athlon XP 1500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sempron 2400 as Athlon XP 1500+

Board as read from the board itself K7S741MG-6L,
Board as read from BIOS screen:- WinFast K7S741M Series 426WP234 030905 (Apparently a Foxconn product )
BIOS AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Pr Master HDD 1 Samsung SP0842N BH100-45
Pr Slave HDD 2 Samsung SV2042H PK100-12
Sec Master LG CD-RW CED-8081B 1.00
Sec Slave Samsung CD-Rom SC-152L LS03
Memory 2x512 ddr 333 cl 2.5 MT16 VDDT6464AG-335CA
Floppy disk Fail

CPU currently reads as AMD Athlon XP 1500+

O/S XP Pro SP 2

I guess that many who give advice here, must get a bit ‘unenthused’ when the same question keeps repeating but I have looked at everything, that seemed related, in the 90 pages of 80 requests for help, c 7165 – taken days, and couldn’t find an answer specific enough to my problem, which is;

A second-hand Sempron 2400 on a Foxconn K7S741MG-6L, NOW reads as an Athlon XP 1500+ at 1.33Ghz.

From answers I read, it seems that the CPU frequency setting needs to be 166Mhz but this option is not NOW available, seems the options are greyed out.
DRAM appears alterable and I have tried it at different settings.

When I first installed this Board and CPU to regen an old machine I did take some screenshots that confirm CPU as Sempron 2400+
Also shows Current CPU freqncy 166
Also shows Current DRAM freqncy 200
Auto config Performance
DDR SDRAM CAS Latency AUTO
DDR Input terminate control OFF
TEMPS CPU core =1.6v
+3.3v =3.28
+5v =5.12
+12v =12.51

I can’t get back to that setting.

The CPU speed remembered as 1.67g

Tried;
Loading defaults
Moving CMOS jumper
Removing the battery ( not fitted a new one tho’)
Raising the temp control to 70c
Every variation of option in the BIOS that I can see.
Removing the power lead from the tower and holding the start button…don’t know where I heard that…

The only further step I can think of is to demount the CPU and remount but the spring on the htsnk/fan is so strong and the board feels fragile that I would prefer to leave alone if possible.
Can anyone guide me as to how to recover the original settings

Do you have the install/recovery disk for the motherboard?? If you do, try reinstalling the board drivers and see if that does the trick.

All I could find on that site were updates to present bios and utilities. Without the original drivers,bios and utilities, these updates won't help.
Try to contact Foxconn and see if they can send you a disk for the motherboard. That way, you can start from scratch and install everything you'll need to see if it took care of the problem. If not, at least you have a baseline to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back