SensFloor is the smart carpet that packs a world of possibilities

By Shawn Knight
Mar 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Smartphones, smartwatches and even smart appliances are all the norm these days... but what about a smart floor? Yep, as it turns out, that is indeed a thing.  A German company by the name of Future Shape is marketing a...

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +461

I do think on a lot of uses for this technology, it's quite remarkable.
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,161

"It could also be used an in invisible surveillance system that could alert you via smartphone if someone stepped foot in your house while you weren’t at home."

Or your friendly neighborhood NSA surveillance tech.
  4. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

My questions are: can it work under other stuff than carpet? how thin does the surface have to be above the sensor? how durable is it?
  5. dualkelly

dualkelly TS Rookie Posts: 22

Or it could report when your teenagers are having sex lol
  6. SchrödingersCat

SchrödingersCat TS Rookie

$270 per 11 square feet is expensive obviously but maybe you could be creative with how that is used. Put some in front of certain doorways and other trigger spots for home automation but not every piece of your floor.
  7. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 860   +307

Combine this with the Siri powered smart system and you have a home.....that I don't want to live in.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

All this smart tech junk could be potentially useful rest assured, it'll be abused.
  9. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Atleast now I will know if the young gold diggers try going where they shouldn't be!