Seperate or Combo Fax and Printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Hello,
My dad asked me to leave this question on here, would you all recommend to get one of those all-in-one Printer, Fax, and scanner's, or to just got buy a Printer and a Fax Machine(He doesnt need a scanner, it will be for his small buisness he owns) Money is a little bit of an issue, but doesnt matter that much, any input would be great! Thank!:)

And also i'd just like to thank all the people and the moderators on this web site, I've been visiting these boards for a couple years now, even when you had the old forums. And I've always gotten the help i need here. :grinthumb

I'm not very learned in the realm of fax machines and/or printers, but it's quite obvious to me that a combination of both would save a whole lot of room on the desk. Perhaps post back with a model of a combination and a standalone printer and fax that your father is interested in?

:stickout: I know exactly what you mean about the Lexmarks, I've had two, and both were horrible when i came to compatability, but anyway, one of the one's he is considering is the

Brother MFC-3100C
Its a Printer, Copier, Fax, and Scanner
Prints up to 10 ppm black,and 8 ppm in color
Color printer prints up to 2400 x 1200 dpi
copier reduces and enlarges images 25% to 400%

(ooo and it comes with a free Brother PT65 Label Maker with purchase :eek: ) lol

It really depends on what is important to you - convenience or quality. As far as I've seen in those combo devices you give up performance for convenience. A good combo device such as that will have "okay" printing quality and speed and "okay" scanning - but you could buy the devices seperately and get good or excellent performance in the areas that concern you. You definitely give up the convenience of space and only having to lug one unit around though.

LNCPapa

My dad has been using the HP Laserjet 3150 ALL in ONE printer for about 3 years now, same printer, no problems, has needed ink like 2 times, and hasnt broken. It has great quality, and is very reliable, He uses it to fax, copy, scan, and print all the features and is very satisfied with all , i also used the laser jet 31XX for personal use, never used the fax machine but the scanning and printing were excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back