Serial99 infected my computer too! please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i just hope u could help me....

my computer is infected with this serial99 malware,,, i cant run my computer as administrator.... and i just saw a while ago i cant run control panel anymore... I did some things by myself... while reading this forum because i see many people have same problems... well this serial99 is still here.I am using windows Vista... and before i completely reinstall my windows i thought i would ask you if u know maybe what should i do.....
And yes I am new here ... and i am a girl... so i am not such a big expert in this computer thing :)

Please help me i am totally out of my mind already.

take care.

Lisica

Hi lisica and welcome to techspot. =)

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of lisica only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Hello!
Thanks for your fast respond!
I made all the steps and i think my computer is just fine now :) thank you.
I am attaching my combofix log and HijackThis log... but i must say i dont know where to get AVG antyispyware log... :confused: i scaned my computer with it and there was nothing infected, also Antirootkit didnt find anything.
I hope you will be able to see from combofix and hijackthis if my computer is Ok.

regards
♥lisica

Hello :)

Open HijackThis and select "Do a system scan only" and place a check mark next to:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Next click "Fix checked"

You are running two antivirus, pick one and uninstall the other. It is unnecessary and causes conflicts within the system.

Go to Start > Run and copy and paste next command in the field:

ComboFix /u

combofixu3.jpg

Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /
Then hit Enter.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again

Other then that the logs look fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back