"serious error" recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting the "serious error" recovery message too often as Windows starts.

After browsing about for some days, I decided to post some of my dump files here... and I hope that someone can help me.

I've also found some hardware conflicts and I wonder if they could be the cause of my crashes?! I'm including a snapshop of what I've seen and seemed strange to me.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• conflito.GIF
    conflito.GIF
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
well updating your drivers and flashing the bios (if need be) wont hurt.. especialy if it would solve your problem..

Thanks for taking your time, N3051M. I wouldn't like to flash the bios if it's not extremely necessary (it's a notebook and I don't want to run the risk of having to open it if not necessary as well, that's why I would like a "software" solution). I'll update the drivers. Any other suggestion of how I could solve the I/O conflicts?

flashing the bios is software wise, download the update from the laptop's manufacturers site, put it on a bootable media and boot from it.. takes about a minute.

unfortunately i'm not able read minidumps here, so maybe howard or someone can read them and we can narrow it down....
from other threads the most common minidump errors i can say is (not sure if it will apply to you)
ram error - check with memtest86 or remove a stick and test
firewall error - disable/remove firewall
norton/sysmantec - no more words needed. remove.
hardware problem
windows problem
application problem...

you can try these while your waiting.. but see how the drivers go first..

sometimes easyer to check events viewer ??
a driver update first is safer try that just could be corrupt drivers
have you run spyware and adaware do a hijackthis and post it in the right forum spot.
I have heard some virus's will get ms to send a bad signal like this
as in fake
I had an issue bout 4 yrs ago with unprotected W2K and was getting popups that said something the same

refers to ntkrnlpa.exe....

known to be a ttacked by trojans & worms.

run a viri and trojan check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back