Serious mobo frying problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my computer going on 3 years now, and over the summer i decided to upgrade my geForce 6600 to a new 8800gts. Once i bought, and attempted to install the gts, my motherboard ended up getting fried and i had to replace it completely. I assumed that the power source was not powerful enough to handle the gts (450 watts), and expected that to somehow be the root of the problem. I recieved my new motherboard yesterday, and installed it today with all-new ram, PSU (600 watt Ultra brand name), and my 8800. I was playing diablo 2 (great oldschool game) about 15 minutes ago and everything just shut off and wont turn back on. I thought it might be the psu, but i tested it and its fine, leading me to conclude its the mobo again. The new mobo was an eVGA 650i, the old one was probably ASUS or something, i can't remember. Anyways, the only common factor between these two fries is the 8800. I dont know why this is happening but i think it might be related to that. Perhaps i got a defective one, and if i did what should i do about it?

I don't think a defective Video card could kill a motherboard you would think the mointer won't get a signal but if the graphics card did kill the motherboard and that the graphics card is defective it prob. could be replaced for free from the maker some graphics card makes using Geforce chips offer a Lifetime Protection on the card but I doubt they will replace the motherboard if it did kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back