Serious mouse issue, wasn't fixed after reinstalling OS

By wYh0iUt
Sep 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone.
    My issue is next when i get back home from work i sit on the PC and instead of Left Clicking ( On Left Button ) its Acting Like Right and Left . Example when i click at desktop with left button it clicks right , when i click everywhere in my computer with Left its Right again :/ When i am Browsering with Mozzila Firefox The left its working properly. And everywhere the right button is not working, the right button its doing Nothing :| I've decided to try another mouse. I've tried my mouse from the laptop and it was the same thing then i asked a friend for his mouse and it was still same . I've reinstaled the windows with formating the C: but Didn't formated D and E ( Which are my other partitions ) and its still like i explained it . I was looking for the same issue but i cant find anything.

Thank You :|

P.S. I think its something like virus because from few days i am geting alot of virus Warnings. Any Solution to Remove it ? ( if its this )
    P.S.2 I am ready to pay via PayPal if u help me fix it.
  2. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

If you did a clean install of Windows, which requires the hard drive to be formatted its unlikely its a virus, as you'd have most likely removed it.

Have you tried going to control panel (Start button > Control panel > Mouse) and confirming that the most is setup correctly?
  3. wYh0iUt

wYh0iUt TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did a clean instalation and Yes i did went to the Mouse Options in Control Panel. I've tried swaping buttons but its not working or changing few things but its all same.
  4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

Very weird issue.
    Is your mouse PS2 or USB?
    If it's a USB, change to a different USB port.

What about the interface with the other mice? All USB?

I don't think it is a virus either, but you can follow the eight steps and have a malware helper take a look at your logs.

Nice to have an incentive, but thats not the way this forums works.
  5. techsuitor

techsuitor TS Rookie Posts: 131

have you tried connecting another mouse (P.S.2 /USB)? ...
    There is a configuration for the mouse in : Start button > Control panel > Mouse .
  6. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

If you've been connecting USB mouses, I think you should try to connect the mouse to the mouse port using a ps2 to usb converter. That takes the USB out of the equation.