Serious mouse wheel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolish

Alright, I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm having some major problems with my MX518. Plain and simple the scroll wheel has a mind of its own. It constantly scrolls up and down, (mostly down, up sometimes) for no reason at all. Is there anyway I can disable the mouse wheel within Windows or some other software that I can use? Writing this here is a major pain, forget about gaming.... my weapons constantly switch on there own because of the scroll wheel. Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to say i thought maybe it was a USB port problem, but i tried another port. didn't help.

Go to Logitech's support website and download and install the latest iTouch software. If this doesn't work check control panel, mouse, hardware and make sure there is only one mouse driver listed... after all this fails, get a new mouse

just wanted to give an update... first off i downloaded the software from logitech (quite ridiculous how a simple mouse driver can weigh in at a hefty 50MB, can we say BLOAT!), there was definitely a way in disabling the mouse wheel, however that didn't help as I still got the erratic mouse wheel behavior i described above. I decided to get another MX518, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back