serious problem involving : win xp, dos, system restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkdontwalk

Bloody heck, i fear i have destroyed everything.

i will spare you the details, but basically. . is it possible to restore your comp with System Restore (on XP). . via dos?. . as i cant log in to windows (starts logging me out the instant it logs in)

i created a dos boot disk on a working xp machine, booted with it on the broken machine, and can get a dos command screen up .what now?

Or are there any other dos functions i could attempt in order to fix the problem?

And also, (its a "Tiny" computer), the HDD has a special section of it (maybe even a seperate partition?) containing the OS in its original state, right? (or wrong) . .so can i some how restore the computer to its factory settings, by deleting everything other than the OS in its original state?. . i dont have a copy of Windows on CD, nor a reload CD thingy

Bearing in mind that i cant get into windows, so all of this needs to be via dos . . i think . .well, i dont know, thats why im asking you lovely people:D

help would be much appreciated. this isnt even my own computer which i have destroyed, so im panicking. .

Without any 'Tiny' restore disks, it will be impossible to get the original situation back.
Check any 'Tiny' forums for people who could burn you such a CD or CDs.
DOS does not even work on an XP disk in NTFS.
You see a command-window, but that is NOT DOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back