Serious Sam SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little more ressource hog then the first one but it's worth it. I bought the game BTW :D

The maps are much bigger & more varied but it's mostly the same ennemies & there aren't many new weapons but I didn't care about it since well I had 12365478965 ennemies on screen to kill ( Hail to the flamethrower :grinthumb )

Hmm why are you still here ? You should be buying it allready !!!!! ;)

Yea, I got the demo and I loved it. There are sooo many enemies...It's great:D Go and get the game...now...:p

I love it

Serious Sam SE looks amazing. I have the full version and played through it in both single play and coop. The action is fast and frenzied, and the beauty of the serious engine rivals any of the other big ones out there. If you liked the first one, then more enemies, more weapons, prettier graphics, and more of an opportunity to blast things up with your friends cooperatively makes this one a keeper. It was only $20US too.

Originally posted by lokem
Is the action better than C&C Renegade?
In my opinion.... HECK YEAH!! :D
Didou's right, there's like 659106540 enemies coming at you. Oh man, the demo I played was great. Awesome graphics, awesome humor, fast and frenzied action.... if I had money, I'd go buy the game. :grinthumb

You can grab the demo at 3dactionplanet.com, if you haven't already.

Originally posted by Whack0

In my opinion.... HECK YEAH!! :D
Didou's right, there's like 659106540 enemies coming at you. Oh man, the demo I played was great. Awesome graphics, awesome humor, fast and frenzied action.... if I had money, I'd go buy the game. :grinthumb

You can grab the demo at 3dactionplanet.com, if you haven't already.

Alrity then, I guess I'll just pick it up the next time I get to the store ;) I'm getting kinda bored with C&C Renegade :D

I have only played the demo for Serious Sam, can anyone tell me if they changed the game so you can save it in the middle of game play ? I haven't played it in awhile, it got old starting from the begining on the demo everytime.....

I like it, haven't had much of an oppertunity to play it much in the past week. I actually only had a chance to play it for a few hours over a couple days before I got to busy to play. Graphics are awesome, runs well on my GF2MX, and plenty of enemies.
Sniper Rifle is cool! (although why is it more powerful when zoomed in?, I mean its still the same bullet)

I am not sure why it is more powerful, I wondered the same thing last night. I like the idea behind it, that you are more accurate when zoomed in though. That might be why, but so far the game rocks!!!! It is pretty hard though, I am playing on Normal.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I like the idea behind it...
I don't, the reason why I don't like it that way is because I often backpedal and shoot someone. I like using the sniper rifle but say I'm running backwards and one of those chainsaw dudes is comming at me, I have to hit him something like 3 times before he's dead. Sniper bullets don't grow on trees! But if I stop and zoom in before he whacks me with that chainsaw I can kill him easily in 1 shot.

I guess you'll just have to get better at switching weapons then, hehe.
You must have agile fingers to play this game! :)

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I guess you'll just have to get better at switching weapons then, hehe.
You must have agile fingers to play this game! :)
Switching weapons is slow and I always find me switching the wrong way in the sequence with the scroll wheel (Think the driection switches every once in a while :)) And another thing is if you play it on something other than easy you can get those green dudes throwing green plasma balls at you and get attacked with a chainsaw dude at the same time. You arent' goign to want to rocket the green plasma guy because say one of those flying chicks swoops down in front right after you hit the trigger, now you effectively shot a rocket into yourself. :) What you want to do is snipe that green guy and inbetween shots at the green guy you have to take a shot at the chainsaw dude comming at you. Now this sniper gun that killed the green dude 4 miles away in 3 shots can't kill the chainsaw in less than 3 shots.

I wasn't talking about using the scroll buttons. I use the numberpad. That is what I meant by agile fingers ;)
You have to be able to move your finger up to change guns, and then back quickly to start moving again. It gets hard every once in a while, but if you know that 3 does the shotguns, 2 does the pistols, 8 does the cannon.....and so on. It is a whole lot easier :D.
That might be something you might want to try (shrug shoulders)

(although why is it more powerful when zoomed in?, I mean its still the same bullet)

Haven't you read the weapon description in NETRISCA? I think it says something
about a mechanism slowing down the bullet to protect the weapon user when
firing at close range (the bullets are explosive aren't they?). I suppose there is a super-intelligent sensor in the scope that can figure out when you ar alooking through it and disables the safety thing. Pretty silly system, if you ask me, beacuse you can do the one-shot kill when this pumpkin guy is standing 10cm away pulling the chainsaw out of your head.

SS:SE has bigger areas that vary in color alot more.
basically its an improved version of the origional

I liked the first one and I might have this soon.. It's fun to turn on the volume, million enemies screaming & exploding :haha:

Originally posted by Spliffmeister
liked the prequal.....loved the sequal demo... can't wait to get hold of it... do any of you play SS online successfully?

I have played online successfully!

I've played LAN games with it on Hard - Note to others: Some of the levels are retarted with friendly fire on, you will die no matter what. Example: that cylindrical room, you get 3 or more people in that room at once and you are bound to kill one of your buds on accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back