TechSpot

Seriously, how will the X850XT benefit video editing?

By Noyz3001
Sep 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a 3-year veteran of video editing. Been working with an 02 Gateway with a 2.4Ghz CPU and 512MB of RDRAM. Have plenty of good hard drive space so I'll leave that out. But I know the video card is the same nVidia card that came with the system 3 years ago. Working with this system has been okay but I do experience some studdering issues after working on a multi-layered, busy project in Pinnacle for about an hour. My solution is rebooting and I'm good to go. Doesn't seem to be a heating problem as I have plenty of cooling inside and a house fan aimed point blank at the opened box.

I have just built a new machine; 3.4GHz 650 Prescott, 2GB of Dual Channel DDR2 533 RAM on an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium mobo. I also included a Connect 3D Radeon X850XT PE video card. Everything fires up but I have yet to install my OS so I haven't actually experienced this machine yet. What I'm curious to know is where I should expect to see the differences? Will my render times but cut short? Can I count on the jerkyness to disapear with task-intesive editing? I just want to be as realistic about my new machine as possible and if anyone out there can offer their opinion, I would appreciate it.

These boards are awesome, thanks!
    -N
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

the p4 650 is a capable cou, you should be fine there. you can expect much better performance out of the new box running the same tasks/apps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.