seriously threatening to credit card security

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesy

Hey guys,
I have just come across something seriously threatening to creditcard security. I just went to verify me ebay account on www.ebay.com.au, to do this you have to enter your credit card number. As i loaded this page not 1 but 2 spyware tried entering my computer, both have bank in the name, i tried finding a link in which io could contact ebay but have so far been unsuccessful
:(:(:(

Setup a pay pal account its easyer and faster Eg my zipcode changed they noticed it before visa did they are safe to.

I am sorry about this hope this works out.

ebay, have gotten back to me, but they did not answer my question, also i use paypal, but ebay needs ur credit card details to verify that u are who u say u are

That's the first time I ever heard that. I have never given my credit card info to Ebay for anything. Strange.

really?, could it be a spoof email?
This is exactly what it says

eBay Security

Dear eBay User ,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete. If the account information is not updated to correct information within 5 days then, your access to bid or buy on eBay will be restricted. Please update your information by completing the form from the forwarded link :

https://www.signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:eBaySecurityMeasures

And login to eBay in order to update your informations. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.
Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Regards,Safeharbor Department

eBay, Inc.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2007 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

my mom is a ebay freak so in her years on it stuff like this just happens i will agree to use that spoof email thing but one time she got a false email from a ebay poser and then she was forced to cancal her credit card. this might be what you have to do but im not shur :\ Good luck i personaly hate ebay for this reason

thats what she used as well. Although you are probally much smater then her with the stuff. She has made i think 7 paypal accounts from things like this happening

I dont give me credit card details to paypal either, i earn my money by selling stuff, then using the money that goes into paypal to buy stuff, its the best way:p

yeah, infact it just happened, someone sold me high density RAM, but said it was low density, what a crock of ****, i mean, cant people actually trade fair.

Definitely spoof mail, never give your credit card info to any link you clicked in an email. Always type in the address yourself.
AOL, Ebay, Chase Bank etc. state that they will never ask for you personal information or credit card info in an email. I would suggest to anyone to use Thunderbird software for your email because they have a built in spoof filters that will alert you to a fake email from what looks like a real legitimate web site.

i dont get why people can not trade fair either. I dont understand why you would waste so much time trying to scam, but im not them so i can make them stop :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back