Seriously? Video Game Addiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebaronjocelin

Firstly, the article:

http://www.local6.com/health/13550334/detail.html#

Now, I don't know about you, TechSpot, but I have spent a day or two days alone playing video games. But to me, that just sounds like the natural intent of video games. To amuse people. Where I spend the majority of my time just depends on which one is more amusing.

I almost laughed when I read the segment about the WoW-addict. That's just World of Warcraft people.

I seriously think the people suggesting this, and that class of people in general, just need to open their minds and sink in to a good game. Then we can snicker at them.

Actually, they are addictive in a way. It means you wanna keep playing, and playing, and playing. 99% of the time, the "gamer" doesn't have a life, so when he gets one, he lives it continuously. The game becomes his life.

its pretty crazy .. but to be fair mmorpg's go hand in hand with uni and college life
say you all go out the night before, all of your mates are still sleeping off the drink .. what do you do play computer games or do some work?..

i played WoW .. i cant say im addicted but it did affect my course work
but i knew when to stop .. when i had to do the work etc
i passed the year but i know i could have done better.. i quit uni (for other reasons)
joind an architectural practise and im now getting paid to finish my course else where
:D:D
altho gaming affected my university life i dont think it will affect me anymore as I know when to take a break from it all.

I think the thing is that makes WoW seem so addictive, to non players, is the instance rund etc .. when your doing a dungeon with a party of ppl.
the player cant leave and then come back to it because he or she will have to do it all over again.
If im in a party doing a dungeon I will, have a later dinner coz i cant leave the group.
i will tell my mates (who wanna go to the pub) to "hang on".. they think gaming is sad but i enjoy it and i love talking to people through it.

But people have to remember .. the majority of your gaming buddies wont be there when you need them most
they're not gonna call round
you need to go out and enjoy yourself out side the game aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back