Server is freezing worksations on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

Hey ok this is the problem i am having i have a dell server wich is network to 4 workstations every day at 3pm all of the workstations freeze i have to restart all of the workstations for it to work again. But the server dose not freeze also i do not have the server setup to receive emails. Thanks in advance:approve:

xxdanielxx said:
Hey ok this is the problem i am having i have a dell server wich is network to 4 workstations every day at 3pm all of the workstations freeze i have to restart all of the workstations for it to work again. But the server dose not freeze also i do not have the server setup to receive emails. Thanks in advance:approve:

What does the event viewer for those 3 workstations say for system alerts? At 3pm.

What task schedule did you setup on those workstations?
What does those workstation do?
Anyone using them or are they autorun for certain task?

Did you setup DNS, Active Directory on the main Server?
Does this server have enough license certs for all the devices on your network?

Again you're running something on the network that you overlook otherwise those 3 systems won't down like that unless you have some schedule task setup on your end as the admin?

Why on earth do you think it is the server? If you shut down the server at 2:55, the workstations do not freeze?!

tipstir said:
What does the event viewer for those 3 workstations say for system alerts? At 3pm. they do not have anything for that time or before.

What task schedule did you setup on those workstations? none come to mind at the moment as soon as i have a chance i will look at that
What does those workstation do? they just frezze no mouse movement or keyboard response
Anyone using them or are they autorun for certain task? there are 2 in the back office which are used for payroll and that type of stuff. Then there are 2 more in the front which are used for the POS(poin of sale)

Did you setup DNS, Active Directory on the main Server?Yes
Does this server have enough license certs for all the devices on your network?yes

Again you're running something on the network that you overlook otherwise those 3 systems won't down like that unless you have some schedule task setup on your end as the admin?
I will look into the task to see what i have set i can replie with that by the 15th i am out right now

Nodsu said:
Why on earth do you think it is the server? If you shut down the server at 2:55, the workstations do not freeze?!
? i must of said something wrong what i was trying to say is if at 2:55 i disconnect the cat5 from the d-link that one workstation dose not freeze thats why i think it is the server

What task schedule did you setup on those workstations?

The only things i have are:

log computer usage
log computer performance

event log shows in worksation autoenrollment erro 15and below are the steps i took in fixing it

1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then press ENTER.
2. In the left pane, expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, and then expand Public Key Policies.
3. Double-click Autoenrollment Settings.
4. Click Do not enroll certificates automatically.
5. Click OK.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5, but in step 2, expand User Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, and then expand Public Key Policies.
7. Close the Group Policy window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back