Setting a drive to primary 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdr

Recently my computer crashed; it was a registry failure. I copy/moved/deleted new reg. files onto my HD (via Microsoft instructions) this did not work. I wound up formating and re-installing; and this worked for about a day before my HD crashed again.
At this point I figured my drive was bad so I took it out and switched what was my slave drive to master in order to install windows on that. I format the new master drive and install XP on it. I try to boot up and it wont boot. My system wants to read the OS off of 'Primary drive 0' and I cannot get the drive not to show up as 'primary drive 1'. I tried to use cable select mode but that did nothing. anyone know what to do?

Did you try changing it from Cable Select to a Master/Slave configuration? From my experience, I have learned the some motherboards do not like Cable Select drives. If you could specify if you have a cd drive or something else configured as Cable select, then I could help you out a little more.

The first thing I did when I took my old master out was set my new one as master; but this did not cause it to change to primary 0. after that is when I tried cable select; without any success. I do have a CD drive however I don't think it is cable select. (i am not exactly sure how to tell?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back