Setting agp 8x for asus p5p800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new video card and it is a agp8x. my motherboard supports agp8x but i cannot figure out how to set it to 8x. everytime i set it in my ati software i restart and its back at 0.

i have spent about an hour goign through each bios, and my manual doesnt say waht to do. i have changed my graphics apeture to 256mb, and i have also changed my frequency to 80.00/40.00

If your bios is anything like mine (my specs are in my profile) then agp speed needs to be set to auto in order for it to work.

What makes you think you have an agp speed issue?

Well, in my catalyst menu it has an option to set agp speed to 1 2 4 8 and mine is set at off (or 0). When i set it to 8 and restart its back at 0.

should i set my mhz to auto instead of 80/40?

Did you uninstall the driver and all software for your old card before fitting the new one?

yes i had it fully uninstalled and instaleld my card correctly. it is clocking at 600mhz when it should be at 1380

in BIOS you have to SAVE your settings. usually F10 key. Then ensure all your drivers are up to date. Also ensure your graphics RAM in your BIOS matches your card. 128 for 128, 64 for 64, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back