Setting up 2 hard drives with xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffdogg

i'm building my first computer and i want to install 2 hard drives on it using xp, i just want to use the second for storage, for music, games, etc... i'm pretty sure i cant use xp on 2 hard drives cause you can only use that product key once. Is there a way i can format it to ntfs without windows? I know its a stupid question and i will probably get laughed off the site lol.. But if sombody could be of help it would be greatly appreciated... :(

All you need to do is set up Windows on your primary hard drive, and have the 2nd one installed in your computer. As long as you have the jumper pins set properly, Windows will be able to use both hard drives.

jeffdogg said:
so just leave the second hard drive blank? dont format it or nothing? :rolleyes:
Once you get windows installed you can right click on my computer and choose MANAGE, then choose Disk Management. In there you will see if it is formatted or not, and you can format it as well.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
Both of you :D

jeffdogg said:
... I know its a stupid question and i will probably get laughed off the site lol..
We don't laugh (not even at jokes). It is a basic question but we all started without knowledge.

Thanks for the help guys, one day i hope to be as full of knowledge as yall, until then i'll keep learning :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back