Setting Up a Network DVR for Remote access

verneronomous

This is my set up:

Att Dsl Wireless Router Netgear 7550

Cisco Re 3200 Wireless Expander with one Ethernet port on it for attached device. Obviously bridged from att wireless router to extend the network.

I set up the Everfocus DVR with a static IP and using port 2828

I set up the port forward I guss in the Att wireless router to point port 2828 to point to the DVR IP. Mind you I do these kind of set ups all the time but I am having a lot of trouble ith this one. Is there and issue with wireless bridging or what im thinking is that I have not opened the port 2828 properly. Being I go to canyouseeme.org and it says there is an error with that port.

Any help wou;d be appreciated thanks

verneronomous

Oh you should also know that I am using everfocus dns set up. So that when the dynamic IP changes it will update via name instead of IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you going to NAME.com:2828 when accessing it from outside the network?

Is the wireless expander on the same subnet as the gateway?

Yea they are on the same exact subnet and yes that is how I have it set up. Going to name.com:2828 and it always times out it seems the Att router just doesnt know how to forward the port to the expander!!!

Now the expander has been set up using a site survey and I connect directly from the att wireless router to the expander could that cause the issue.

Oh even when I opened the port I just did canyouseeme.org and it can't see port 2828 open. So should I consult with the isp opening that port instead of me trying with there crap :))

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be testing with the actual IP address that you currently have assigned, just to cut out the DNS entirely.

Ok ill try the wan:2828 and see what it comes upp with not sure why I didnt think of that. Just so wanted the DNS to work the first time haha! Wishful thinking!

It was the silly ISP that cuased the issue. Even though I saif to forward the correct port there stupid built in firewall blocked it also. Just to port forward was not enough. Way to go ATT!!

Back