Setting up an iPad?

Easy to set up? Yep, just like iPhone, iPod touch, etc. Prompts you to connect to wifi, set up AppleID, and basic language options etc.

Firefox - nope.

iOS limits the way 3rd party browsers (anything but Safari) perform. It limits Javascript performance so that Safari is the only fast choice. Setup is so easy! Trust me. If you help just ask! I set one up for my relative the other day.

Easy to set up? Yep, just like iPhone, iPod touch, etc. Prompts you to connect to wifi, set up AppleID, and basic language options etc.

Firefox - nope.
Since I've never set up an iphone, ipod or any thing apple, thank you.:) Guess I'll download Safari so I can get used it. Have had it, but didn't like it. Thanks.

iOS limits the way 3rd party browsers (anything but Safari) perform. It limits Javascript performance so that Safari is the only fast choice. Setup is so easy! Trust me. If you help just ask! I set one up for my relative the other day.
Ok, I assure you, if I need help on it, I'll be in here. :)

Not hard to step-up, but the coming from Windows to iOS it a wonder though. You'll have fun with your new iPad.;)

Ok, so to be clear on this. I'm only hoping I get one. I'd rather have a laptop, but I'm not being picky, as long as its mobile, that is what matters. :)

Wish for what you want and you should get it! ;) Whoever is buying it for you will surprise you! I rather be surprised then to be told what I would be getting.. :D

True. When I was little, my grandma would give me cash cause she had no idea what I wanted.:)
My friend has known me for over 20 years. He knows how I treat technology that is why he gave me the W7 I'm on now. Thanks for your advice. :)

I was looking at the link I provided in the first post & am wondering , since it has wi fi, will I be able to use the wi fi here at home or not???

I was looking at the link I provided in the first post & am wondering , since it has wi fi, will I be able to use the wi fi here at home or not???
You'll be able to use WIFI at home if you have a home wireless network.

Well, the wonders of the internet never seem to cease to amuse me. As of last night, he never received the email so no ipad. Oh well, if & when it does, maybe then. Thanks everybody.(y) :)

Btw: There are concepts for PCs which just are not applicable to tablets, eg folders, specifically nested folders. Yea there is the App Pages that has collections, but that is only one level deep and specifically related only to Pages.

My issue is to have nested (ie hierarchical) folders to organize material for presentations (eg pdfs, epubs, pst, documents) by subject, not by the application which can present the file (which is the iPad design) and even Open With is different.

Consider a class on History:
  1. 1) Eastern
  2. 2) Western
  • Greece
  • Rome
    • Dark Ages
    • Renaissance
    • Reformation
      • With the Church
      • Protestant Movement
  • Ottoman
  • New World
  1. 3) Indian

Placing a large number of files into a flat structure where the only organization is Name vs Stored Date is just ridiculous.

Two apps in the iTunes Store solve this:
GoodReader and FileBrowser.

I thank you jobeard but at this point in time I seriously doubt I'll be getting the Ipad unless of course he sends it via mail/fedex or ???

Ok but, as I've said, I'm not getting the Ipad for my birthday which was today.
Maybe for Christmas or ??? but not today. Thank you.:D

Back