Settings are not being remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiery_WA

Gday

I have just finished reinstalling Win2k Pro (yes I know it's old), anyhoo some strange things have been happening since the clean reinstall.

1. I have a total of 3 harddrives 1 sata 2 ide, on occassion they show up as being usb devices.

No i have not changed the master slave sequence.

2. The thing that is bugging me the most, is that some not all programmes forget what settings I gave them (preferences), after a reboot.

Any ideas?

The OS is pretty old and maybe the program you are using is not 100% compatibility for that OS that making it to bug and thus this may be the problem.

Also for the HDD it may not support those new HDD.

Maybe you may upgrade you OS to at least Windows XP.

The OS is pretty old and maybe the program you are using is not 100% compatibility for that OS that making it to bug and thus this may be the problem.

Also for the HDD it may not support those new HDD.

Maybe you may upgrade you OS to at least Windows XP.

No, everything that was installed before the reinstall was working fine, and when I do upgrade it will be straight into vista XP's shelf life isnt much more than win 2k

Even redheads occasionally overlook this!

I have just finished reinstalling Win2k Pro
Why did you reinstall? Problem? What?

forget what settings I gave them (preferences), after a reboot.
What settings? (Preferences)
Which programs?

Settings are not being remembered'

My Pop3uidl.dbx was acting up, I couldn't access webmail or outlook, and I deleted the .dbx while still online, doh is me

So is Outlook Express working okay for you now? OE is what stores in the .dbx folder- not Outlook. So you had OE open and deleted the folder. Bet you won't do that again!

And it has nothing to do with accessing webmail.

And this is not anything that should have required a reinstall. That is the LAST thing to do, not the first!

Yes OE is working fine now, and no I won't be doing that in a hurry again. And I don't know why, but the .dbx file WAS stopping me from accessing my webmail (i.e. the account I have with my ISP).

FYI it was not the first thing I had tried, I spent five days, trying to fix the problem, and nothing I did worked!!!!!.

So i ended up spending a few hours doing an OS reinstall. (It needed it anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back