Setup cannot set the required...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech88240

Hello I'm trying to do a repair install because first of all getting this blue screen "c0000135 unable to locate component this application has failed to start because basealavt32 was not found" So I thought repair install.....
Now i'm getting this message "Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal Setup error. Contact your system administrator."
I disconnected everything but the cdrom drive i'm using that includes nic card,floppy, and other cdrom drive.
tried a repair install got error message...
switched drives still same thing
tried different cds... same error
pc does have a video card in it... tried a different video card... same thing any suggestions?
pc is a dell dimension 4500 running win xp home edition

Hardware problem. Defect somewhere.

Well I managed to make the new bootable CD and I have reformatted my external USD HDD and the install seems to be progressing fine, but as soon as all the files have copied over I get a Windows XP Setup screen with the following message: -

"Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates and internal setup error"

Is this a defected hardware problem too? Any suggestions??

There is helpful information available at the Microsoft site if you type in that error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back