TechSpot

Setup cannot set the required...

By Tech88240
Apr 30, 2008
  1. Hello I'm trying to do a repair install because first of all getting this blue screen "c0000135 unable to locate component this application has failed to start because basealavt32 was not found" So I thought repair install.....
    Now i'm getting this message "Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal Setup error. Contact your system administrator."
    I disconnected everything but the cdrom drive i'm using that includes nic card,floppy, and other cdrom drive.
    tried a repair install got error message...
    switched drives still same thing
    tried different cds... same error
    pc does have a video card in it... tried a different video card... same thing any suggestions?
    pc is a dell dimension 4500 running win xp home edition

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Hardware problem. Defect somewhere.

3. SithNichole

SithNichole TS Rookie

Well I managed to make the new bootable CD and I have reformatted my external USD HDD and the install seems to be progressing fine, but as soon as all the files have copied over I get a Windows XP Setup screen with the following message: -

"Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates and internal setup error"

Is this a defected hardware problem too? Any suggestions??

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

There is helpful information available at the Microsoft site if you type in that error message.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.