TechSpot

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer##

By nikkie
Mar 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. """""Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer""""""

At first, hi mates, this is what I face when I try to enter the Setup of Windows XP Pro.
    I just bought an HP Pavillion dv2147ea Notebook PC and it had from HP by default installed Win XP Home edition. HP uses I think some standard utilities for PC recovery and this kind of things but I don't know if this can be a problem.

Anyway, from the first time that I tried to install my copy of Windows I see that message and I cannot even enter the Windows that was already installed.

I made an MS-DOS start-up diskette in order to format my C:/ and I thought that after the format it would recognize the hard drive and I then could to install my new Windows.

I made the format, but again the same message when I reach the screen :
    1.To enter setup of Windows press ENTER,
    2.To repair press R,
    3.To quit press F3.

If I press Enter, or R I face that message.

If someone could help me , please, be my guest
    thanks

2. nikkie

nikkie TS Rookie Topic Starter

And finally as usual ....... it was a stupid BIOS configuration from HP , I had to disable the SATA Native Support thing. anyway

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.