TechSpot

Setup is Starting Windows Hangs

By harrisdurrani
Oct 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys i am not sure if this is the Right place to post this but i hope you guys can help me anyways..........i will give you guys as much information as possible...

Ok so i finally hooked up my new computer, i got a brand new 250 GB sata2 western Digital Harddrive, made 4 partitions.

C: 20gb
    D: My Dvd rom
    E: 100GB
    F:100GB
    G: 20GB..

I formated all the drives into NTFS Format..

ok after that i installed windows XP without any problems, later i installed a couple of drivers, than the computer told me to restart the computer and that is exactly what i did, but unfortunaly my pc would just HANG after the windows XP logo. I tried everything i could but it just wont go further than the Windows XP startup screen
    So i thought that i'll reformat C: Again and see what happens, i poped up the Windows Xp disc and changed my First boot to CD-ROM... After the Windows setup booted i got the setup blue screen and it started detecting all the hardware stuff or what ever it does, but it just HANGS at where it says SETUP iS STARTING WINDOWS... i waited for well over 15 minutes but it wont go further... i thought i could have a problem with my harddrive so i deleted all the partitions using F-DISK from the win98 bootdisk.... same problem computer hangs at SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS..
    I thought i could have a problem with my Ram.. so i took out my 1gb kingston ram and put a corsair 1gb ram, Same problem...
    than i thought that it could be my video card so i changed my video card and put another one, Same Problem
    So i thought that it could be Hard drive so i changed my 250GB harddrive and put another one to see if it works Same Problem..
    I cant freaking install windows because computer keeps Hanging at SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS...
    i have tried everything i can, the only two things left now is my CPU and Motherboard.. I took this to a computer store and the guy said that it could be my cpu but i really doubt that..can someone please tell me what i should do?

AMD Athlon X2 4200+
    Asus A8N-E skt 939 Ultra
    Radeon X1900 Aiw
    Antec Truepower II 480w
    1gb Kingston value ram
    250 GB WD Sata II
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.