Setupdd.sys page fault in nonpage area

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an hp pavilion a1247c with an MSI MS-7184 motherboard and a samsung 250gb sata hd, i am attempting to install windows xp pro, the hd is new, buti keep coming up with an error during the text install that reads: "A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: setupdd.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA if this is the first time youve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable any components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode. Technical Information: *** STOP:0x000000050 (0xE57A1868, 0x000000000, 0xF752F9A8, 0x000000002) *** setupdd.sys - Address F752F9A8 base at F7508000, DateStamp 41107c8f"
i have tried different discs and disabling and re-enableing the onboard sata adapter n the bios
another thing i finally noticed after all this typeing was that the bios is not recognizing the sata hd but it is recognizing the 2 optical drives, anyone know of a way to fix this????!!!???!!? please help!

if you have a solution please email it to fireflygirl1@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------------
no, this is not my boyfriends computer!
-------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back